Treat yourself. In my last blog post I talked about being true to yourself. In 2012 it is all about you right? Well yes, yes it is!
Now this is a funny iteration of treating yourself. Does this just mean buying yourself material items? Have some retail therapy? Well of course not. I know some of you are givers and spend a lot of time giving to others. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself.
There are many ways to treat ourselves. It most importantly means taking care of ourselves and doing things for ourselves that benefit us and help our quality of life.
You may say, well Tony how do I do that? Well I am glad you asked. Here are a few ways you can do that:
- Take care of your health. This is the best way you can treat yourself. Put that Big Mac down and eat a carrot.
- Get a makeover. Get your hair and nails did.
- Buy one thing you have always wanted but never bothered to purchase before.
- Learn to say no. Saying yes all the time pleases others, but how do you all the time after always saying yes? You can’t be or do everything to everyone.
- Take a trip. I am not saying you need to book a trip to Jamaica. Take a weekend trip or a day trip to somewhere you’d like to go.
- Remove negative energy from your life. Whether it is people, things, environment. Try harder to maintain a positive life and have positive influences.
I hope some of these can have you have an awesome 2012.
How are you going to treat yourself in 2012?